January 17, 2021
Praise Songs “This is Amazing Grace”
#286 “Blest Be the Tie that Binds”
Prayer of Confession & Words of Assurance
Special Music “Fill My Cup, Lord” – Gary Hietbrink
Scripture Ephesians 2:11-22
Message “It’s a Unity Thing”
Congregational Prayer The Lord’s Prayer
Song #283 “We are God’s People” (1,3,4)
Please Remember in Prayer:
* Howard Teerink – recovering at the Maple Lawn Nursing Home
* Linda Vanden Berg & Family – passing of her sister, Darla
* Stacey Christoffers & Family – passing of her brother-in-law, Shawn
* Roxann Hines (Dykstra) – taking chemo treatments
* Curt Crockett (hired man of Hayenga Family) – treating bone cancer
* Janine Dekker – taking chemo pills daily for liver cancer
If you wish to meet with Pastor Troy, please call him at 712-348-0298 to make sure he will be in the office.
Sunday, January 17:
- 9:30 AM Worship Service
- Sunday School for all ages:
3 Years – 2nd Grade – Various Teachers
3rd – 5th Grade – Rebecca Haack
6th-8th Grade – Heidelberg Catechism – Pastor Troy
9th – 12th Grade – The Vine – Maggie
No “Revelation” Class until the Covid-19 vaccine is available
“Sunday School Guide” Class
Tuesday, January 19:
9:00 AM Partners in Prayer
Wednesday, January 20:
- 4:30 PM KFC
- 6:00 PM The Hub
- 6:30 PM Hebrews Bible Study
Sunday, January 24:
- 9:30 AM Worship Service
- Building Fund Offering
PLEASE take a moment to complete a Membership Information Sheet if you have any changes in your address, phone, email address, or other personal information for the 2021 Church Directory. You can also sign up to volunteer in various capacities to assist in worship. The forms are available at the Welcome Desk.
- If you feel comfortable joining us for in-person worship, you are welcome to gather in the sanctuary at 9:30 AM. Please try to maintain safe distances between families & wear a mask. We are trying to do all we can to protect our neighbors and come together in corporate worship. We will have the ARC Center set up to stream the service live, so if you are more comfortable in that space you are welcome to worship with us there.
- Tithes and offerings may be dropped off or sent by mail to the church at 1720 N Burlington Ave., Worthington, MN 56187.
- The local cable broadcast of our worship service is on the following Tuesday at 1 PM, Thursday at 7 PM, and the next Sunday at 1 PM. Please help share the news of adding and evening broadcast.
- Partners in Prayer will continue to pray for shared prayer concerns, needs, and praises. If you have a prayer concern, please contact Marlene at 507-360-7536 or Sherri at 507-360-3120.
- REMINDER: Gift cards can be purchased at the office or by completing an order form at the Welcome Desk. A box has been set at the desk to place your order and payment. Cards will be put in your church mailbox. Orders can also be emailed to the church or by phone request or stop in the office anytime to pick some up. The church gets 5% on cards sold! Proceeds go to our Building Fund.
- Vern & Ruth Verbrugge have moved to 210 E. Veteran’s Drive, #12, Luverne, MN. THEIR ZIP CODE WAS INCORRECT BEFORE. IT IS 56156
- AUDITING OF CHURCH BOOKS will take place the second week of February. Treasurers: please bring books to the church office. Thank you.
- There will be NO LOVE AUCTION this year. Alternative fundraisers for the Youth will be planned.
INSPIRATION HILLS UPCOMING EVENTS:
Summer Camp Registration
Opens Feb. 1st!
Join us for this year’s theme “Renewed” from Eph. 4:23
Single Mom’s Retreat
- Throughout this retreat on February 5th-7th there will be plenty of stories, speakers, pampering time, discussions, mentoring, delicious food, and a positive experience for you to take home. We promise to support and provide you a weekend you’ve been needing! We will provide you with an environment to share and grow in! You will receive the love of Jesus and we will encourage you in your relationship with Him! The theme comes from John 14:2 ‘Abide in Me’. RSVP by January 31st.
4th-6th Grade Winter Retreat
- Join us for the 4th-6th Grade Winter Retreat Feb. 12th-13th! It will be an exciting weekend to reconnect with Summer Staffers, friends from camp, and meeting new ones. You will be staying in the Bunk Rooms, singing favorite camp songs, eating great food, and enjoying the outdoors. Make sure they bring their winter gear! Sign up before January 29th for the discounted price of $75!
Art of Marriage Retreat
- Inspiration Hills is presenting FamilyLife’s Art of Marriage! See marriage the way God intended it to be as a true art form. For more than 40 years, FamilyLife has been helping couples understand God’s plan for relationships. The Art of Marriage weaves together expert teaching, real-life stories, humorous vignettes, and more to portray both the challenges and the beauty of God’s design. Join us to discover how to renew and refresh your marriage during this weekend.
- Visit inspirationhills.org to register for more information or to register for these events today!