June 20, 2021
Prelude Eva Schutte
Call to Worship
Praise Songs “10,000 Reasons”
#462 “Savior like a Shepherd Lead Us” (1-3)
Prayer of Confession & Words of Assurance
Scripture Revelation 22:7-21
Message “It’s Urgent”
Song “Amazing Grace/My Chains are Gone”
Congregational Prayer with the Lord’s Prayer
Song #460 “All the Way My Savior Leads Me”
Postlude Eva Schutte
Please Remember in Prayer
* Jay Dekker – having surgery on June 22 for two spots
- Wilbur Prins – taking chemo treatments
* Roxann Hines (Dykstra) – taking chemo treatments
* Janine Dekker – taking chemo pills daily for liver cancer
If you wish to meet with Pastor Troy, please call him at 712-348-0298 to make sure he will be in the office.
Sunday, June 20:
- 9:30 AM Worship Service
- “Sunday School Guide” Class – Emma Vlastuin
Tuesday, June 22:
- 9:00 AM Partners in Prayer
Sunday, June 27:
- 9:30 AM Worship Service
- Building Fund
- “Sunday School Guide” Class – Eva Schutte
- 7:00 PM Family Kickball
July 7 – 2 PM Hope Circle
July 11-15 – 5:15-7:30 PM – Rocky Railway VBS
July 21 – 8 AM-Noon Inspiration Hills Ropes Course
- Please continue to pray for Pastor Alan & Katie as they discern whether they are called to American Reformed in Worthington.
- CONGRATULATIONS to Logan & Ashley Ahlers on the birth of their first child, Everly Claire on June 15, 2021! Congratulations also to Johns & Sue Ahlers as new grandparents!
- Father’s Day is coming up on June 20th. The RCW is trying something new this year. We are collecting “Diapers for Dads.” All donations of diapers will be given to the local Helping Hand Pregnancy Center. Most popular sizes needed are 3 & 4, but all sizes will be accepted. On average, each disposable diaper costs about 25 cents. You may bring in diapers or place cash donations in the containers in the narthex and we will purchase diapers for you. Thank you in advance for recognizing your fathers in this way.
- Are you interested in leading the Adult Sunday School class that meets in the choir room starting this fall? Let the church office know if you feel God’s call to lead this group.
GET READY FOR THE ROCKY RAILWAY! Vacation Bible School is being planned for July 11-15, 2021 from 5:15 PM to 7:30 PM. We’ll discover that we can trust Jesus’ power through life’s ups and downs! Registration forms and volunteer sign up forms are available at the Welcome Center, or you can sign up online at https://vbspro.events/p/events/25d72e. Please be in prayer about how God can use your talents to make VBS a success this year!
- FAMILY KICKBALL: People of all ages are invited for a fun and friendly kickball game at the Centennial Softball Diamonds on Sunday, June 27 at 7:00 PM. Snacks and bottles of water will be provided. Sign up at the Welcome Center or contact Maggie to let her know you plan to come.
INSPIRATION HILLS CHALLENGE COURSE: 6th-12th grade students are invited to go to Inspiration Hills to experience the low and high ropes course on Wed., July 21. Meet at church to carpool at 6:30 AM to Inwood, IA or meet us at Inspiration Hills at 8 AM. We will participate in the group building and challenge activities until 12 PM. A sack lunch will be provided. We should be back in Worthington by 1:30 PM. Everyone is asked to pitch in $10 to help cover some of the costs. Sign up at the Welcome Center by June 27.
- The Collingsworth Family will be performing at the Okoboji Bible Conference Tabernacle in Arnold’s Park on July 26th, 2021 at 6:00 PM. For more information call 712-332-2883.
Partners in Prayer is meeting in-person to pray for shared prayer concerns, needs, and praises. If you have a prayer concern, please contact Marlene at 507-360-7536 or Sherri at 507-360-3120.
- Tithes and offerings may be dropped off in the offering plates in the sanctuary or sent by mail to the church at 1720 N Burlington Ave., Worthington, MN 56187.
- Gift cards can be purchased at the office or by completing an order form at the Welcome Desk. There is a box set at the desk to place your order and payment. Cards will be put in your church mailbox. Orders can also be emailed to the church or by phone request or stop in the office anytime to pick some up. The church gets 5% on cards sold! Proceeds go to our Building Fund.
- The local cable broadcast of our worship service is on the following Tuesday at 1 PM, Thursday at 7 PM, and the next Sunday at 1 PM. Please help share the news of adding an evening broadcast.
OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD
Suggestions for JUNE for Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes are stuffed animals. THANK YOU!
- LAWN MOWING SCHEDULE – Please sign by the week(s) you will mow the church lawn. We ask that mowing be done on the Thursday of the week you sign up for, if possible. THANK YOU!
- Nobles County Historical Society is seeking volunteers to help out at its Pioneer Village Historic Site. Duties include greeting visitors, taking admission fees and providing general information on the Village and local community. Hours are 12 noon to 5 p.m. Thursday, Friday and Sunday and 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday. We ask volunteers to commit to at least a 2-hour shift to allow the Village caretaker to do building and grounds maintenance away from the office. Volunteers must be responsible adults, although we would welcome family groups who would like to volunteer together. For more information, contact NCHS at 376-4431. Volunteer opportunities are also available at the Historic Dayton House; and NCHS will have new volunteer opportunities at the new Nobles County Historic Center in the fall.