October 18, 2020
Prelude Eva Schutte
Praise Songs “Give Us Clean Hands”
#64 “All Creatures of Our God & King” (1, 4, & 5)
Prayer of Confession & Words of Assurance
Special Music “It is Well” – Arlan & Ruth Moss
Accompanist: JoElyn Moss
Scripture 1 Samuel 15:20-24
Message “The Problem of Unhealthy Emotional Spirituality”
Congregational Prayer The Lord’s Prayer
Song #349 “Trust & Obey” (1, 3, & 5)
Postlude Eva Schutte
(Offering will be received at designated areas as the service concludes. No plates will be passed.)
There will be no coffee fellowship after the service. Please wear a mask, do not congregate in the hallways or narthex area and keep social distance. Be encouraged to step outside to visit. Thank you.
Please Remember in Prayer:
* Merle Klosterbuer – hospitalized with pneumonia & Covid-19
* Weronika Wolyniec (George’s mother) – hospitalized with pneumonia
* Al Van Der Linden – recovering from successful brain surgery to help
* Helen Brands – recovering from rotator cuff surgery
* Roxann Hines (Dykstra) – taking chemo treatments
* Curt Crockett (hired man of Hayenga Family) – treating bone cancer
* Janine Dekker – taking chemo pills daily for liver cancer
* Ken Zylstra – treatment for ALS
* Schools amidst the pandemic
* Our nation with the upcoming election
If you wish to meet with Pastor Troy, please call him at 712-348-0298 to make sure he will be in the office.
Sunday, October 18:
- 9:30 AM Worship
- 10:30 AM Sunday School for all ages:
- 3 Years to 12th Grade – N O SUNDAY SCHOOL TODAY
- Sunday School Guide Class – Arthea Raak
- “Revelation” Class – Marcia Aupperlee
Tuesday, October 20:
- 9:00 AM Partners in Prayer
Wednesday, October 21:
- 4:30 PM KFC
- 6:00 PM The Hub
- 6:30 PM Hebrews Adult Bible Study
Sunday, October 25:
- 9:30 AM Worship
- Building Offering
- 10:30 AM Sunday School for all ages
- 6:00 PM MOVIE NIGHT – The Church Health Team is sponsoring a fun night to meet at church and view “Overcomer”, a wonderful Christian movie. Bring your own popcorn and beverages but water will be provided. Bring a friend!
- Please have items for the NOVEMBER newsletter to the office by Wednesday, October 21. THANK YOU!
- JUST A REMINDER – Because our Sunday School rooms are relatively small, you are encouraged to wear masks during class time and other small-group times. Please bring your own mask if you have one. Thank you!
- Tithes and offerings may be sent by mail to the church at 1720 N Burlington Ave., Worthington, MN 56187. Offering plates will not be passed. There will be drop-off offering at the exits.
- FYI – Choir will not be meeting in September or October.
- REMINDER: Gift cards can be purchased at the office or by completing an order form at the Welcome Desk. A box has been set at the desk to place your order and payment. Cards will be put in your church mailbox. Orders can also be emailed to the church or by phone request or stop in the office anytime to pick some up. The church gets 5% on cards sold! Proceeds go to our Building Fund.
- Partners in Prayer will meet at the church on Tuesday mornings at 9:00 AM in the Library to share prayer concerns, needs, and praises. If you have a prayer concern, please contact Marlene at 507-360-7536 or Sherri at 507-360-3120.
- Operation Christmas Child donations are still needed! For OCTOBER, suggested items are toys for girls. here will be a box by the mailboxes for your donations. THANK YOU! National Collection Week is November 16-23, 2020!
Please let us know your college students’ address and college they are attending. We’d like to have a list for our congregation to be able to send them words of encouragement throughout their school season.
- The youth room is getting a much needed facelift with new chairs, some painting, and updated flooring. Contact Maggie if you would be willing to help with the renovations.
- Adult and youth volunteers are needed for a Youth Room Work Day on Sat., Nov. 7 from 8 AM to 5 PM. Sign up to work a 2 hour shift.
We will be grinding carpet glue from the floor, shop vacing as we go, moving some things around, and doing some cleaning. A sign up sheet is located at the Welcome Center. Contact Maggie if you have any questions.
- The Red Cross is asking donors who are feeling healthy & well to help maintain the blood supply for patients who rely on lifesaving transfusions. Blood drive: from 1:00 PM to 7:00 PM at American Reformed Church on November 5, 2020. Sign up now: rcblood.org/appt
Inspiration Hills Annual Fall Auction will be held Live & Online Friday, October 23rd at our Main Lodge. To view our auction items, sponsors and register for online bidding, please visit our website at www.inspirationhills.org. Doors open at 6:30pm, and the auction begins at 7:00pm. Refreshments only will be served. Inspiration Hills would love to see you in person or online to support them!
- SAVE THE DATE! – NOVEMBER 14, 2020. You are invited to the Center of Hope’s 2020 Fall Benefit, Saturday, November 14 at 7 PM. Covid-19 has brought with it many creative adaptations. The event will be livestreamed this year, so no matter where you are in the world, you can join us. Details can be found on Facebook, Twitter, and on our website: centerofhopesf.org. Call Cal at Center of Hope, 605-553-8545.
- BUILDING BETTER CARE GIVERS – Classes will be offered online from A.C.E. of SW Minnesota in October & November. See the poster on the bulletin board for more information.
- The Southwest Minnesota Christian High Schools Circles/Parent Groups invite you to their annual Fall Soup Supper on Tuesday, November 3 serving from 5:30-7:30 p.m. This year’s fall event will be DRIVE THRU only. Come to the parking lot and follow the signs to select your choice of chili, cheesy vegetable, pea, or chicken tortilla soup. Along with the soup, you will receive a tea roll and cookie for dessert. Your free-will donation for this delicious take-home meal will be gratefully accepted.
- MOPS OF WORTHINGTON
Are you a mother who is pregnant or has at least one child from birth to kindergarten? Are you looking for other moms in your stage of life to share and develop real friendships with? Would you like your kids to be cared for in a Biblically based children’s program while you have a hot breakfast, listen to informative speakers, participate in creative activities, and have some time for yourself? Then MOPS is the place for you! Check out our next event – October 21st.https://www.facebook.com/events/1733319300149822/